Sunday, September 03, 2006

Charles Massey Jr - Exhibit at The Ohio State University Faculty Club


CHARLES MASSEY, Jr.

“MAKING SECRETS VISIBLE - EVERYTHING COUNTS”

August 30 through October 20, 2006


The Ohio State University Faculty Club will present the prints and drawings of The Ohio State University’s Professor of Art, Charles Massey, Jr., in a solo exhibition beginning on August 30 and continuing through October 20, 2006. The exhibition is titled: “Making Secrets Visible – Everything Counts.” The club, at 181 South Oval Drive, will host an Opening Reception in honor of Professor Massey on Friday, September 29th from 6:00 to 8:00PM. Interested persons are asked to call the club at 614-292-2262.


Speaking of his creative process, Professor Massey reveals: “When I was a child, I liked it that Supermen could discover secrets with his x-ray vision. Since then, I have wished for the power of x-ray vision so that I could see beyond the obvious and know more about what is in front of me. I attempt, through my prints and drawings, to make visible the “secrets” I sense in the things I see. I am looking for something of substance, of consequence”


Charles Massey, Jr., has played an active role in the arts both on the campus of The Ohio State University and in the city of Columbus.

The Ohio State University Faculty Club is located at 181 South Oval Drive on the Columbus campus of the University. The art exhibition program at the club features the selected artwork of the faculty, staff and alumni of the university. Exhibitions are held throughout the year. For more information, please call the club at 614-292-2262. ALL EXHIBITIONS AT THE CLUB ARE FREE AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC.

No comments: