Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Tom Raca & Brenda McMahon conduct throwing and firing workshops in Florida this winter.

My good friends Tom and Brenda are on the road again doing a number of shows and workshops in various locations in Florida. Hope you get a chance to see them, if you're down there this time of the year. I sure hope I get to enjoy a few days of sunshine this winter. We will have to go for a trip. -charlie

 
   Hands-On Workshop in February.


Large & LOOSE, Polished & Poetic is going on the road this year.  On February 27 & 28 we will hold our 2-day firing intensive and demonstration workshop in St. Petersburg, FL.  St. Pete Clay Company is hosting this workshop which will run from 10am - 5pm.  Here's a sneak peak of what you can expect.

During the weekend, I will teach participants how to increase the amount of clay they can throw and how to loosen up while doing it.  Brenda McMahon will open her 'toolbox of skills' and teach students everything they need to know about saggar firing.  Bring 1 to 6 pots for the saggar firing.  This workshop is open to students of all skill levels.  The cost is $250.  Call or email St. Pete Clay Company to register today!  For a more complete description, click here.
  
Art Fairs in Florida & Texas
 

My winter schedule is taking me all through Florida and into Texas this year.

I'll be at the Delray Beach Festival of the Arts on January 16 & 17 and from there I head a bit north to West Palm Beach's new CityPlace Arts Festival on January 23 & 24.


New Smyrna Beach hosts Images: A Festival of the Arts on January 30 & 31 and in February, I'll be at the Boca Museum Juried Arts Festival.  In Miami I'll be at the Coconut Grove Art Festival and on the west coast of Florida in Downtown Sarasota.
 

For those of you in St. Petersburg, don't miss me at the 37th Annual Temple Beth-El Arts Festival.  My wall tiles, vessels and platters will be on display from January 30th thru February 1st.

No comments: