Thursday, October 09, 2008

Walk Now for Autism, October 12


This note came to me from my son's wife Christina. Aaron and Christina's daughter Cordy, who just turned 4 last month, is one of millions affected by autism, that mysterious and - s0 far incurable - developmental disorder. Cordy attends a special education program that has helped her tremendously. She is, of course, my beautiful, smart, sweet, kind and very polite grand-child, whom I adore. Research appears to be the best hope for combating this. (I think it's caused by millions of tons of pollutants we've dumped on this planet in the past 100 years!)
Cordy's parents are participating in a
Walk Now for Autism event on October 12. They are hoping to raise money to be used for research. Please help. Read below for details. -charlie


Charlie,

Aaron and I are participating in Walk Now for Autism on Oct. 12 for Cordy. As you may know, autism is the second most common developmental disorder in the United States affecting one in every 150 children born today. Despite some promising discoveries, the cause of autism is unknown and a cure does not exist. Research is crucial.

Cordy has already benefited from the research that has been done so far, but she has a long way to go still, and is depending on further advances in therapy and genetic research for her own success in life. We are committed to making sure she has the best chance at a "normal" childhood.

Walk Now for Autism is our chance to make a difference in the fight against autism by raising money for autism research and heightening public awareness. Please join me in my fight as I raise $ 250 to help fund essential research. I will be walking on Oct. 12 and would like you to support those affected by autism.

You can donate to Walk Now for Autism and join my team online through my webpage at http://www.walknowforautism.org/columbus/personal/cmc. Donations can also be mailed to Autism Speaks using the donation form located on my page or send me a check made out to Autism Speaks. My team name is Cordelia, Warrior Princess; please note this on your check and the donation form.

Please join me in my fight against autism. Thank you for making a difference in the lives of the more than 1 million Americans living with autism today, including Cordy.

Sincerely,
Christina

http://www.walknowforautism.org/columbus/personal/cmc
Donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law.
Autism Speaks 501 (C)(3) Tax Id #: 20-2329938

MATCHING GIFT PROGRAM Many companies provide their employees with matching gifts. Please consult your employer on its matching gift guidelines and attach matching gift forms accordingly.
Follow this link to visit the team page for Cordelia, Warrior Princess.
Follow this link to visit Christina McMenemy's page.

Christina McMenemy

****************************************************************************
If you cannot see or click the link(s) in this email, copy and paste the URL(s) into your browser's address field:
http://www.walknowforautism.org/columbus/team/cordelia?faf=1&elid=1944472444
http://www.walknowforautism.org/columbus/personal/cmc?faf=1&elid=1944472444
****************************************************************************

No comments: